Friends of Small Town Washington
As a travel writer, I see many travel photos and read lots of stories. They inspire me to see more, hike more, eat more, and travel more. These are my top four favorite Washington State travel blogs.
Must Read WA State Blogs
- Washington State Parks Tour– Rachel and Sean are on a mission to visit and explore Washington’s 124 state parks. I am always inspired by their Instagram feed @wastateparkstour and their blog that chronicles their state park travels.
- Where In Washington – Emma’s blog is the first WA State focused blogs I started following (the foraging mushroom post hooked me) when I decided to go on my own blog adventure. I always enjoy reading about her hikes and road trips, and Instagram feed @whereinwashington.
- Pacific North Wanderers – Stacy and Brandon are “Exploring and hiking the Pacific Northwest one park, trail, mountain, stream lake, or a place at a time.” Their Instagram feed @pacificnorthwanderes and blog makes me want to get our more are a great PNW recourse.
- 2TravelDads – Rob and Chris travel the globe and near home–Wa State. I thoroughly enjoy their Instagram feed @2traveldadsreading and seeing their cute kids exploring the world and reading about their family travels.
- Discover Washington State – Heather, a native Washingtonian, shares her love of Washington State. She recently started a “What’s New and Cool” page which gives great travel activities for that month.
- NW Healthy Mama – I’ve recently started following this blog which has a range of contributors. I really like their outdoor adventures, weekend links, and healthy and local food posts.
Must Read Worldwide Travel Blogs
- Eat Travel Cook – Lee travels, eats and cooks, a few of my favorite things.
- Journalist on the Run – Janet is the top travel blogger in Ireland, and a constant inspiration for me to keep following my passion for writing and travel. Plus, I’m smitten with the photo of her beaming in a tea field because I would be doing the exact same thing.
- Savored Journeys – Laura had me at professional eater and “affordable luxury.”
- Wherever I May Roam Blog – Melanie and Taylor love to travel, enjoy food, culture and “a side of luxury.” Their trip down the Pacific Coast Hwy has lots of great travel tips.
- The Epicurean Traveler Blog – I share Erin’s passion for culture and food. Who doesn’t want to survive on beer and cheese for two weeks?
- Wandering Wagars – I’ve been following their family blog adventures for awhile, but their recent trip to Newfoundland has me floating on ice.
- The Working Mom’s Travels – Francesca is the ultimate balancer of work, family and travel. I really enjoy following her travels, much of which are in the Midwest (a place I used to call home), and her post about not being a touron is a must read.
- Live Recklessly – Danielle has recently moved to WA State from Australia and just happens to live in the same town I do!